The AIA Fellowship program was developed to elevate those architects who have made a significant contribution to architecture and society and who have achieved a standard of excellence in the profession. Election to fellowship not only recognizes the achievements of the architect as an individual, but also honors before the public and the profession a model architect who has made a significant contribution to architecture and society on a national level.
To be eligible, you must be an AIA architect member in good standing for at least 10 cumulative (not consecutive) years. There are five categories in which exceptional contributions may be awarded fellowship. They include:
1. Design, Urban Design, or Preservation: To promote the aesthetic, scientific, and practical efficiency of the profession through design, urban design, or preservation.
2. Education, Research, Literature, or Practice: To advance the science and art of planning and building by advancing the standards of architectural education, training, and practice.
3. Led the Institute, Led a Related Organization: To coordinate the building industry and the profession of architecture through cooperatively leading the Institute or a related professional organization.
4. Public Service, Government Industry or Organization: To ensure the advancement of the living standards of people through their improved environment, via public service or work in government or industry organizations.
5. Alternative Career, Volunteer Work with Organizations Not Directly Connected with the Built Environment, or Service to Society: To make the profession of ever-increasing service to society through alternative careers or volunteer work.
To learn more about the Fellowship Award, please click here. For an outline of frequently asked questions, click here.
If you are interested in perhaps pursuing fellowship, please let us know. If you have questions regarding Fellowship, email Dawn Mages, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-229-3411.
We encourage you to take the first step in achieving this prestigious honor!
Fellowship is an honorary level of AIA membership that is achieved through excellence in design and a commitment to the AIA. The following AIA Tampa Bay members have proven to exemplify those attributes, earning their FAIA status.
|Eugene E. Aubry, FAIA
|John Howey, FAIA
|Edward F. Bartz Jr., FAIA
|J.J. Jennewein, FAIA
|Stephanie E. Ferrell, FAIA
|Gene Leedy, FAIA
|Mark G. Hampton, FAIA
|John E. Stefany, FAIA
|Dwight E. Holmes, FAIA
|C.R. Wedding, FAIA
|Mickey Jacob, FAIA
|Enrique A. Woodroffe, FAIA
|Richard S. Bacon, FAIA