AIA Tampa Bay Job Board
EMPLOYERS - Listings are $50 for Members and $100 for Non Members Per position and will be posted for 90 days.
Please forward your ad by email, ready to post in a format similar to the current job listings. Jobs will be posted for 90 days and then deleted. Due to space limitations, ads are limited to 2 paragraphs and must be no more then 250 words. Longer ads will be modified by the webmaster if necessary.
Click Here To Pay For Your Employment Listing
JOB SEEKERS - The Chapter keeps resumes on file for employers who inquire. Please send an Electronic version of your resume in Word or PDF format, titled with your last name and type of job you are seeking, (ex. jones_draftsperson, jones_architect, jones_intern3, etc.) Resumes will only be accepted in electronic format, by email or by mail on disk. (AIATB 1315, E. 7th Ave., Suite 105, Tampa, FL 33605)
ALSO SEE AIA NATIONAL'S JOB SITE FOR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Collapse All | Expand All
Administrative Assistant | Alfonso Architects
Alfonso Architects is seeking a highly qualified executive level administrative assistant to join our team located in Ybor City in Tampa, Florida. The ideal candidate for this position must have demonstrated organizational agility, work independently, effectively communicate to diverse audiences, manage multiple deadlines, constantly prioritize tasks, and be dependable. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy administrative challenges. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) and outside clients in fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Work with Vice President to organize company financials, monitor and send emails, and complete any other requested tasks
- Help organize calendar and manage email
- Familiarize self with current project schedules, key milestones, deadlines, etc.
- Track renewals for state licenses, professional memberships and accreditations, and continuing education credits for firm Vice President
- Assist in preparation and/or coordination of presentations, reports and spreadsheets by preparing and editing text and other materials
- Modify and prepare project documents
- Research and filter RFP’s for potential firm projects
- Prepare and submit proposals, brochures and presentations for projects
- Input and maintain project information database, to include project descriptions, contact information, project costs, completion dates, etc.
- Input and maintain SF 254/255 & SF 330 forms and database for creation of 254/155 and SF 330
- Notarize office documents as needed
- Maintain office software compliance lists
- Proactively participate in the continued improvement of office operations and working environment
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments.
- Develop and implement organized filing systems
- Maintain, update and distribute accurate digital databases including address books and general contacts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a professional environment (architecture, engineering, or construction preferred)
- Familiarity with typical project management activities undertaken within an architectural office preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including networked and cloud-based systems
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize
- Ability to interact with external organizations, clients, and vendors
- Exceptional prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (phone, written, and verbal)
- Open to assisting with and learning all aspects of the business
- Proactive and show initiative in accomplishing objectives
- Professional appearance and punctuality
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Experience in Marketing a plus
For consideration, please forward resume and references to Angel del Monte at email@example.com
Project Architect | Alfonso Architects
Alfonso Architects is seeking a highly qualified Project Architect to join our team located in Ybor City in Tampa, Florida.
The main focus of this position is developing design concepts, delivering precise construction documents, and participation in the construction administration process. This position will require collaborating with internal team members and external consultants to ensure the high standard of design for which Alfonso Architects in known.
Applicants should enjoy working in a fast-paced yet informal studio atmosphere. This opportunity is for individuals that welcome responsibility and are looking to develop their professional skills while working on great design projects.
• Participate in all project delivery processes for mid-to-large scale projects
• Collaborate with other internal and external professionals in accordance with project expectations
• Develop, document, and implement design concepts through detailing, material selections, code compliance, and quality control
• Produce high quality construction documents with a strong sensitivity to design
• Coordinate with all required project consultants
• Participate in all phases of project communication including project development and construction meetings.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior staff
• Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interface with clients, employees, and consultants
• Proficiency in multiple programs including MS Office and Adobe products
• High proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop
• Medium to high proficiency with Revit
• Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and similar programs a plus REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited University
• 5+ years of experience in architectural detailing and documentation
• Professional registration preferred
• LEED AP preferred
Please forward resume, references, work samples, and portfolio to Angel del Monte at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Project Designer | Core States Group
Core States Group is an architecture, engineering, and construction consulting firm. We specialize in designing and building facilities for Fortune 500 companies in retail, hospitality, banking, petroleum and alternative energy industries.
Summary of Position: The Sr. Project Designer is responsible for designing and drafting architectural projects under the guidance of Project Architects/Project Managers. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil, and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. He/she will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
• Design full site plans and resolve complex design issues with limited direction.
• Conduct site feasibility research and site visit investigations. Generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
• Coordinate with sub-consultants.
• Assist in maintaining task budgets.
• Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
• Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
• Assist managers with the project approval process.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize and maintain project files.
• Maintain documentation for billable hours.
• Demonstrate an understanding of basis of design.
• Demonstrate an understanding of codes.
• Experience: 2-6 years of architecture production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture preferred; Master’s degree a plus
• Licenses: None required, Architectural Registration a plus
• Travel: Up to 20%
• Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Project Manager | Flad Architects
• Directly responsible to the client and the firm for the successful execution and leadership of projects including the meeting of project goals, client service, quality of work performed, utilization of staff, marketing reputation of the firm, and profitability.
• Responsible for articulating and communicating the client's vision, goals and objectives through development of the project work plan during the planning phase.
• Responsible for developing the project fees and contracts during the planning phase and establishing the project schedule, budget and profitability during the start-up phase.
• Deliver projects on schedule, within budget, meeting design intent and client vision/goals, and at the required level of quality.
• Qualified candidates must have a minimum of ten years architectural experience and at least three years recent project management experience.
• Experience with healthcare-focused facilities preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field required.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Qualified applicants should apply: https://external-fladarchitects.icims.com/jobs/1249/project-manager/job
Marketing Coodinator | Harvard Jolly
Harvard Jolly Architecture seeks an experienced marketing coordinator to join marketing department in one of our statewide offices. Candidate will play an integral role in content development, branding, internal and external communications, proposal writing, resume and project description writing, database maintenance, and other duties as required. They will have a great deal of interface with all levels of staff. Other departmental duties will include coordinating with vendors and government entities. Schedule flexibility is required on an as-needed basis.
• Review, analyze, and interpret technical requirements, to include LOIs, RFPs and RFQs to gain a thorough understanding of the audience and the objectives of each solicitation.
• Manage the assembly of proposals and presentations including initiating process with proposal champion, writing and editing text, design layout, inclusion of graphics, resumes, project schedules
• Create outlines, build proposal templates, proofread, prepare review drafts, and coordinate the proposal process to successful submittal
• Write and collaborate with others to develop content for collateral, including brochures, advertising, web content, articles, press releases, award applications, resumes, etc. that align with the overall firm brand
• Manage information gathering, database entry and on-going database maintenance
• Manage leads, opportunities, and campaigns in CRM
• A degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related areas is preferred
• Proficiency in Adobe full suite of programs including InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2013 applications
• Exceptional organizational skills and strict attention to detail
• Ability to balance workload, prioritize and work under tight deadlines with a positive attitude
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Manager | Williamson Dacar Associates, Inc.
Williamson Dacar Associates, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Manager in our Clearwater, FL office. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, self-motivated and collaborative with experience in the Architecture/ Engineering/Construction industry and a degree in marketing, communications, graphics or a related field. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat DC a must. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare proposals, qualifications, packages and presentations for prospective clients.
- Drafting, editing, organizing and proofing various marketing collateral, including proposal content, project sheets, resumes, award submittals, brochures, media relations pieces and interview content/PowerPoints to ensure content is comprehensive, competitive and client-specific, as well as in accordance with the Williamson Dacar Associates brand standards.
- Creating/managing templates and boilerplate.
- Researching clients, market trends and background information.
- Scheduling and tracking production of proposals/qualifications packages to meet deadlines and assisting in production efforts.
- Managing project and client data in firm-wide databases and marketing collateral.
- Supporting other offices as required.
Marketing Manager Qualities
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team ethic.
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with office leadership and clients.
- Familiarity with the A/E/C industry including relevant trade organizations, publications, conference and events.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples to email@example.com. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 4MB). Williamson Dacar Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Business Manager / Administrative Position | Rowe Architects Incorporated
Rowe Architects Incorporated, a second generation design firm established in Tampa in 1965, is seeking a smart, creative, motivated and passionate professional to join our ten person team in a highly collaborative studio focused on excellence in design and client service.
The ideal candidate will have business management and administrative experience, including accounting, human resources, and general non-technical office management. You will share in the responsibility for the firm’s financial operations, financial records and business assets with close oversight and collaboration with the firm’s principals. You will be responsible for the firm’s personnel management functions, including employee benefits, compensation programs, fringe benefit development and the firm’s human resources policies and record keeping.
Accounting or Business education is preferred, but not required. We are seeking a candidate who has had or is interested in the experience and responsibility of managing the business support areas of a small design firm’s operations excluding technical and project production. Experience with QuickBooks and Excel is required. Business, administrative, accounting, or bookkeeping personnel as well as graduate architects with business management experience are encouraged to apply for this position which includes tremendous growth potential and the possibility of a future equity position within the firm.
Please email your resume and a one page cover letter expressing your interests in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Architect | Shumake Architecture, PA
Shumake Architecture, PA is accepting resumes for a Architecture graduate with zero to five years experience.
Please send to the attention of Robert Shumake at email@example.com
Graduate Architect / Intern Architect | Hafner-Ferlita Architects, Inc.
Graduate Architect/Intern Architect/CAD Technician: Hafner-Ferlita Architects, Inc, Tampa, FL www.hafnerferlita.com is looking for a recent College Graduate Architect or Intern Architect/ CAD Technician with professional architectural experience. Proficiency required in AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, Sketch-up, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Rhino. Microsoft Office, and Sketching skills.
Full time position with experience to produce Design and Construction Documents with attention to details.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Architectural Project Manager | Clifford M. Scholz Architects, Inc.
Architectural Project Manager Specializing in Luxury Custom Water Front Homes
-Detail oriented and comfortable in a fast paced office environment
-Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and/or a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the field of architecture, specifically in design development, construction documents and construction administration.
-Strong AutoCAD/Desktop skills.Revit/Photoshop skills a plus.
-Knowledge of construction practices and methodology in the state of Florida.
-Knowledge of building codes in the state of Florida.
Commensurate with experience.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position please email your resume and portfolio to Christine Griffin at email@example.com
Healthcare Project Manager / Project Architect | Harvard Jolly
HEALTHCARE PROJECT MANAGER / PROJECT ARCHITECT
St. Petersburg Office
At Harvard Jolly Architects, we provide the result clients value most: a functional design; a team that listens; quality, professionalism and attention to detail from the first sketch to the completed project. We've enjoyed steady growth for the past seven decades. Today we are a major regional firm, serving clients throughout the Southeast. Since 1938, we've maintained a continuity of leadership. Employee turnover is low. The professionals you dealt with ten or twenty years ago are often the professionals you deal with today. We're committed to lasting relationships. That's why we enjoy a repeat client rate of over 80% - a source of considerable pride. We're confident of our reputation and expertise and looking for others who feel the same.
Immediate openings for a Project Manager at our office in St. Petersburg, Florida.
• Professional Degree in Architecture required, Florida registration a plus.
• Minimum of 5 yrs. credible knowledge of current healthcare planning concepts with an interest in research and evidence informed design goals.
• Preferential treatment for candidates located in Tampa Bay Area
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Revit experience a plus, with a professional attitude.
• Knowledge of Florida Building Code.
• Ability to manage a teams and work effectively with other project leaders
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be focused, organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize
• Positive Attitude
• Ability to work closely within a team
• Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
Harvard Jolly offers competitive salaries, outstanding benefits and exceptional career development opportunities. Benefits include an excellent health/life/dental/flex plan, long and short-term disability, matching 401K plan, 16 personal/vacation days, seven paid holidays, employee referral programs, annual salary reviews, profit sharing and more.
For more information, please visit www.harvardjolly.com. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning Healthcare PM/PA in the subject line.
Project Architect / Project Manager (Sarasota Office) | Harvard Jolly
Project Architect/ Project Manager Sarasota Office
We are seeking a Project Architect/Project Manager with experience in commercial projects for our Sarasota Office. Ability to plan and supervise the overall preparation of design development and construction documents for each project per design policies, procedures and standards. Establishes the design/analysis parameters together with the Project Manager. Is responsible for the quality control of the design/analysis function and discipline. Plans and supervises overall preparation of: Calculations, equipment selections, drawings, coordination with other disciplines, code research, site surveys, system and design concepts, and provides guidance to other members of the technical team.
• Architect with Min 5 years’ architectural experience (K-12 and Governmental experience preferred)
• Min of 2 years Project Architect level
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit (Minimum 3-5 years of experience)
• Experience in coordination with engineering disciplines
• Experience with building systems and methods of building construction
Experienced in producing AutoCAD and Revit drawings for:
• Schematic Design Drawings
• Design Development Drawings
• Construction Documents
• Coordination with multiple disciplines
• Autodesk Revit experience required
• Autodesk/AutoCAD experience required
• Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Sketchup
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture required.
• Ability to lead teams and work effectively with other project leaders
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be focused, organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize
• Positive Attitude
• Ability to work closely within a team
• Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
Benefits include medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K, paid time off and paid holidays. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Architecture Associate / Graduate Architect - BDG Architects
BDG Architects has an immediate need for a talented, creative and motivated individual as an Architecture Associate to work with a studio team under the direct supervision of a project manager/team leader for a national client portfolio of work for our Tampa, Florida office. This is a full-time, entry-level position for a recent graduate with a Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture Degree
Roles and Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Participate in the development of functional, sustainable and aesthetic designs with responsibilities that focus on project delivery of construction documents.
- Perform specific/limited portions of assignments using prescribed methods for a variety of architectural projects under the general supervision of a licensed architect.
- Responsibility and assignments will increase and diversify with skill level.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Education: Completion of professional architecture degree program
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop; Revit experience a plus
- Knowledge of 3dsmax is a plus but not required
- Ability to learn and operate the BDG online project data base
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and professionally with other team members. and accept direction to reach common goals for successful outcomes
- Excel in collaboration and team building
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Values accuracy and thoroughness in all work with strict and careful attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes ownership of tasks and projects
About the Firm: BDG Architects (www.bdgllp.com) is a full service architecture and design firm headquartered in Tampa, Florida with offices in Hollywood, Florida and Birmingham, Alabama with over 20 years of experience throughout the United States. We have built our reputation as being on the leading edge of our industry through design excellence, building lasting relationships, and delivering high value to our clients. BDG understands that each client has a unique set of business strategies, which we focus our services to support, creating a true partnership. Our projects are extremely diverse in terms of project type, design styles, practice areas, and scale.
Submittals: If interested in applying, submit your cover letter and resume to Resumes@BDGLLP.com. Please include relevant work samples showcasing rendering and construction document skills along with a short description of each sample.
Graduate Architect | KCMH Architects
Architectural graduate motivated to build a career at KCMH Architects, an eight person, full service architectural firm in Lakeland, Florida. Design skills and Revit experience desirable. A broad range of opportunities and growth into an ownership position awaits the right person. Reply via email to: John Curtis, firstname.lastname@example.org (863) 688-8882.
Project Architect (Jacksonville) | Bergmann Associates
Bergmann Associates is seeking a talented Project Architect who is committed to design and production quality while working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Within a professional services team setting, you will have the opportunity to work and pursue professional growth alongside architects, interior designers and engineers. The successful candidate will put together and manage architecturally driven buildings projects and will provide technical guidance to the junior architects and drafters assigned to their project team. The candidate must effectively work with, and balance the needs of, clients, other design professionals and contractors.
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Every Bergmann employee is expected to help in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Actively advancing design ideas and project goals.
- Developing technical responses and efficiently documenting construction scope.
- Managing client expectation and developing relationships.
- Embracing Bergmann’s commitment to quality, design, professional service and growth.
- Makes decisions independently regarding architectural complexities and methods.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, tests, etc. in order to plan and design a project.
- Prepares or modifies reports, plans, specifications, construction schedules, and designs for projects.
- Assists in fee preparation, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Understands and creates full set construction documentation.
- Adheres to BA Quality Assurance Program.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other design professionals, both internal and external, who are part of the project team, including architecture, interior design, and engineering staff.
- May direct the work of drafters or designers.
- May be required to perform field inspections, research, measurements or calculations.
- Attends client, jurisdictional, and construction site meetings.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- May serve as on-site project representative.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture from Accredited College or University.
- 7-10 years minimum prior work experience with at least 2 years in project management capacity.
- Licensed architect or is on a path to licensure. (Architectural Registration is preferred)
- Experience coordinating project teams and detailing projects.
- Knowledgeable with building codes and practices in Florida.
- Can work independently as well as in teams.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Intermediate or better operational skill level in the use of appropriate CAD software including AutoCad, Revit, Adobe Suite, andSketchUp.
- Commercial or institutional experience is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples to Asima Changez.For immediate consideration, please apply here.
Engineers/Architects/Building Inspectors | Quorum Services
Professional Engineers, Licensed Architects, and qualified FS 468 Building Inspectors (Tampa Bay) Tired of the Ordinary? Ready to make a change? TOP Pay and Benefits!!
Position: Building Inspector, Professional Engineer or Professional Architect Quorum Services is a full-service Engineering, Inspection, and Code Consulting Firm. We are seeking Professional Engineers, Licensed Architects, and qualified FS 468 Building Inspectors for both residential and commercial projects. Full-Time, Part-Time and 1099 Opportunities are available. Immediate openings within the Tampa Bay Region and Central Florida.
• A Florida (FS 468) Standard Inspector license OR Professional Engineer License OR Licensed Architect.
• Multi Trade Certification is a PLUS, but not required.
• Expertise is sought in Mechanical, Plumbing, Building, and Electrical.
• Five years of prior experience required in Inspections or Construction.
• Ability to work independently and meet a daily deadline.
• Ability to complete building inspections according to Building Code. Denote whether inspection is approved, approved with comments, or not approved.
• Valid Driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
• Personal vehicle required.
• Ability to climb a ladder is required.
• Minimum Computer skills are required.
Closing Date: Open until all has been filled NOTES: Ideal candidate will possess FS 468 licensure with experience. Alternate candidates will possess a Professional Engineer's(PE) or Licensed Architect's Florida license. Since 2005, Quorum Services has established a reputation as an industry leader that believes in quality and not quantity. We currently have openings in the Code Compliance Department of our Tampa Office for qualified Inspectors for both residential and commercial construction projects. We are looking for motivated professionals interested in the opportunity to advance their careers and certifications while working for well-established company who cares about its team members. This individual must be a self starter, computer literate, be able to multi task and meet minimum physical demands specific for the position. This candidate must be able to successfully complete a Level 1 background clearance.
Quorum Services is an equal opportunity employer and is a drug free workplace. Please reply to this ad with a resume and salary requirements to: Email: email@example.com OR Mailing Address: Quorum Services ATTN: Human Resources 3907 Henderson Blvd. Tampa, FL 33629
Graduate Architect | WGI
WGI is looking for a Graduate Architect with 1 -5 years of professional experience to be part of our Architecture team in the Tampa office.
• Ability to coordinate a complete set of construction documents, detail oriented with knowledge of building codes and industry standards, experience in consultant coordination and familiarity with construction administration
• Ability to work and complete project assignments with minimal supervision, take personal pride to succeed at any task undertaken and show a willingness to learn
• Interest in professional growth within a design-oriented studio setting offering a relaxed working environment
• Talent and experience are both strongly considered
• 5 year Bachelor's Degree in Architecture and on licensure track
• 1-5 years' experience working in an Architectural firm
• Proficiency in Autodesk REVIT is a must. Knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills
Please apply online at: https://wantmangroup.hirecentric.com/jobs/112684-23892.html or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Architectural Designer | The Florida Aquarium
The architectural designer will specialize in the planning and design of themed attractions and facilities for The Florida Aquarium. He/she will also be responsible for collecting program information on design requirements for building projects and will specify finishes, materials, duration, costs and other relevant information required for the actualization of building projects.
Essential Position Functions
- Collect information of the design requirements for programming.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, sections and details.
- Produce designs for proposed projects using CAD tools such as AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup and hand drawing.
- Work around a set budget to create building plans that meet the needs of The Florida Aquarium.
- Specify important details for a building project such as specificities, materials and cost estimates and schedules.
- Document and keep record of architectural designs and other relevant information required for filing purposes.
- Modify created designs on request of senior leadership.
- Attend conferences/workshops to stay up-to-date with architectural trends and development.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment necessary for normal operations
- Evaluates, orders and handles materials needed
- Delivers extraordinary customer service to all aquarium external and internal customers
Education Requirements and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Min. 3 years of experience
- Customer Service Orientation — Listening and understanding the customer (both internal and external) and anticipating and evaluating the customer’s needs; making the customer’s satisfaction a high priority in all areas of responsibility.
- Must focus on developing a great guest experience.
- Teamwork — Supporting, facilitating, and participating in activities that promote team effectiveness; demonstrating sensitivity for the feelings and needs of team members and supporting team goals.
- Professional/Technical Knowledge— Remains current on developments in the field within and outside the organization; maintains proficiencies
- Able to perform work and job function with precision, passion and accuracy with a sense of urgency; realizing errors can have a significant impact on desired results.
- Planning and Organizing — Establishing a course of action with specific long-range goals for the aquarium; setting priorities among competing requirements and allocating resources in the most efficient and effective way; developing contingency plans that anticipate changes in the work environment.
- Information Gathering and Monitoring — Effectively collects relevant data using questioning or research techniques to monitor and manage projects and people
- Quality — Upholding standards beyond what is required; inspiring staff to maintain and initiate high standards of excellence in their work efforts.
Typical Physical Requirements
- Typing on a computer keyboard
- Lifting (no more than 50 pounds)
- Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained
- Weekend and holiday work
- Outdoor duties in a central Florida environment
- Ability to travel
The complete job description for this position can be found at The Florida Aquarium’s website here: http://www.flaquarium.org/Get-Involved/Careers/Architectural%20Designer.aspx. Interested candidates should forward their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Architect / Project Manager | FleischmanGarcia Architecture
FGA is currently seeking an exceptional Architect/Project Manager. The Architect/Project Manager will manage, organize and coordinate project teams and team assignments, be responsible for ensuring that production of construction documents is consistent with design intent, and be responsible for project schedules and budgets. Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format (5 MB max).
Required skills include: Possess strong CAD drafting skills; Proficiency in Revit Architecture; Knowledge of building codes and standards. Required experience includes: At least10 years’ professional experience; Licensed Architect registered in Florida is preferred or equivalent time practicing architecture with a high level of experience. Salary commensurate with experience.
Visitcareers@fgafla.comfor more information and to apply.